- Preparing for Crisis - From the Jerusalem Post
- Arutz Sheva: Israeli Firefighters Get Some American Help
- EVP Spokesman Eitan Charnoff on CBN
- Introduction to the EVP
- Lovers of Zion Saving Lives in Israel
- EVP Firefighters for Israel Program
- EVP Disaster Management Training Program
- In Israel Teresa Hung testimony
- Debra's training trip to israel with EVP
- Jerusalem Post
- Ready to assist in case of war
- EVP NYC Firefighters
- 90 WAFB News
Firefighters Training Syllabus
Unit 1 - Overview of Terrorism and Security threats facing Israel:
- Terror Organizations threatening Israel
- Enemy States threatening Israel
- Review of various weapons and terror tactics used against Israel in the past and present.
- (Examples include suicide bombing case studies as well as rocket attacks and shootings)
Unit 2 - Introduction to Firefighting in Israel + Israel Fire Service at War
- Command structure of Israel Fire department
- Apparatus crew structure and firefighter's responsibilities
- Operational changes war time, Protocols implemented in times of crisis
- Special safety considerations in times of crisis (Heavy focus on examples from the 2nd
Lebanese War in 2006 where Israel saw dozens of rockets striking its cities every day)
Unit 3 - Rescue Equipment/Apparatus familiarization
- Water supply familiarization - hydrants, hoses and water jets used in
- PPE/SCBA familiarization (Breathing and skin protection equipment)
- Event Command Responsibilities.
- Buildings and construction Familiarization (Focus on differences in Israel.
Unit 4 - Operational protocols and procedures
- Working on activities in teams of 2
- Fire suppression activities, fire sources and fire rescue protocols.
- Forced Entry using Israeli devices.
- Vehicle extrication.
- Urban Rescue: Earthquake, Collapse rescue, Missile damage, High rise rescue
Unit 5 - Safety
- Safety while working in groups of two
- Safety standards in Israel
- Review of Safety considerations
- Review of training safety procedures according to Israeli Standards
- Safety procedural review for facility use before practical training begins
Unit 6 - Live burn demonstration: US vs. Israel
Unit 7 - Practice Drills
- Building search
- Ladder placement Flashover Safety drills
Unit 8 - Fire Fighting Drills
- Hose lines and ventilation
- Structure Fire
- Car Fire
Unit 9 - USAR class
- Light USAR techniques that can be used in building collapses caused by rocket fire or earthquakes.
Unit 10 - USAR Drill
- Firefighters will practice light USAR techniques working in small teams of two in areas threatened by rocket fire.