Medical Trainings in Israel
The 2018 Medical Training in-land costs while in Israel are $3,000. This covers insurance for injury whilst involved in program activities in Israel, all transportation for program activities including to and from Ben Gurion Airport, 3 meals a day during the training period and hotel accommodation.
The cost does NOT cover airfare which participants must purchase themselves.
Registration - There is a non-refundable, $500 registration fee.
- Arrive in Israel.
- EVP representatives will meet the TEAM in the arrival hall (after Immigration and Customs) and escort them to the bus.
- Drive to the hotel in Ashkelon, check-in and room allocation.
- Team members arriving independently at the hotel must register and check in independantly.
- After check in , the TEAM will have an welcoming and orientation session to explain the week’s program.
- Drive to a restaurant for dinner with the Medical Center’s leadership.
- After breakfast (exact times to be announced), drive to the Barzilai Medical Center.
- Visit various departments – hospital overview and a PowerPoint presentation regarding the challenges that faced the hospital during Operation Protective Edge.
- Get acquainted with the departments TEAM members will work in when deployed in an emergency.
- Meet with the hospital’s medical leadership for a question and answer session.
- Working in War and Crisis – State of Israel - Protocols and Lessons Learned.
- Geopolitical Changes in the region and security threats facing the State of Israel.
- Israel's preparedness and response and the country’s operational concept for the next crisis.
- After breakfast, drive to the Israeli Health Ministry for an overview of the Israeli Health System during peacetime and emergencies.
- Visit the central Magen David Adom HQ (MDA -Israeli Red Cross) to understand how the organization operates and Israel’s first response system.
- Visit the Israeli Police Bomb Squad. This elite unit responds to all terror and bomb attacks in Israel. The TEAM will be given an overview of the unit's duties and responsibilities and the different techniques used for diverse terror scenarios.
- After breakfast, drive to an IDF Medical Corps base.
- The TEAM will be provided an overview of IDF medical operations and preparations for emergencies in Israel. This will include a live demonstration.
- Drive to a trauma hospital to see their capabilities and understand the roles they play during emergencies in Israel.
- After breakfast, drive to Barzilai Medical Center.
- The TEAM will take part in an MCI Hazmat (hazardous materials) hospital drill.
- TEAM members will be assigned to their emergency deployments to work with the department’s staff and gain a better understanding of the realities of hospital work, procedures and protocols during an emergency.
- Drive to a national training center for hands on drill and exercises.
TEAM members who are returning to the USA will drive to Jerusalem for a day of touring. At the end of the day, participants will be taken, as a group, to Ben Gurion Airport for their return to the United States.